Question: I want to be proactive and keep my system running its best. What should I be doing?
Answer: Here are our “Top Ten Ways to Keep Your System Running Smoothly”
- Install High-Priority Updates for Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office as they become available.
- Use Antivirus and Firewall software – run a full virus scan weekly.
- Use a Spam filter for incoming email
- Do not open email or email attachments unless you are sure who they are from.
- Do not download, or install Pop-Up blockers.
- Don’t download or install “free” programs unless they are from a known, reliable source.
- Defragment your hard disk drive once every month or two.
- Be Diligent – Keep all components up to date!!
- Back up your data regularly & make sure you are backing up all important files.
- Have a regular computer tune up by Home Technology Solutions of Marin.